We’re Method, and we only do one thing—workers’ comp insurance.
Our singular focus allows us to support our agency partners with exclusive, full-service programs and a broad appetite for challenging risks.
E x 3 Guarantee
Everyone talks about being different. We prove it.
We combine superior process management with a customer-first culture in order to provide service second to none. From submission to bind, we keep you in the know every step of the way.
After a policy is bound, we assign every policyholder their very own dedicated Workers’ Comp Specialist who leads them through onboarding and stays in constant contact promoting the four points on our roadmap to
Expert underwriting & distribution.
Because we focus exclusively on workers’ comp, both our underwriting and business development teams give you access to unique capabilities and decades of specialized knowledge.
Our underwriters combine deep monoline experience with advanced AI analytics to make smart decisions, quickly. They work directly with you to go beyond loss-runs and really understand each client's unique narative.
Our business development team partners with only a select group of agencies in each state so that we can help you target high value segments with a compelling value proposition: reducing employers' total risk costs.
Extensive markets & appetite.
Already able to service policies originating in 20+ states, in 2020 Method will have exclusive programs in all non-monopoly states.
- Guaranteed cost
- Premiums from $10k to $250k
- No experience mod caps
- Flexible payment, including monthly payroll reporting
- Competitive commissions
The power of the pen
Method is the exclusive Workers’ Comp MGA for multiple AM Best A rated carriers.
Because we have full underwriting authority, we can work with you directly to quickly understand a client's complete risk profile.
We write Workers’ Compensation policies across all industry groups, but we specialize in tough customers, especially in the following challenging industries:
See our preferred class codes and exclusions
Our underwriters work directly with our in-house claims team when determining adjusted premium, which allows us to quote risks that other insurers either won’t or
can’t quote competitively.
Most impactful factors
- Moderate to high claim frequency
- High percentage of indemnity or lost time claims
- Commitment to cooperate to improve loss performance
- Implement loss control recommendations
- Report claims immediately
- Direct injured workers to preferred providers (where allowed)
- Accommodate flexible return to work recommendations
Companies that both match Method's target profile and agree to our Roadmap to Success may be eligible for a 10-20% discount on their final premium.1
We focus on what matters most, where we can have the greatest impact.
Other insurers may shy away from risks in challenging industries or with a history of frequent claims, but Salus actually seeks companies that can most benefit from our industry-leading services.
1 Safety & prevention
Most employers recognize the importance of safety, but struggle to implement a well- designed safety program.
- Safety is a key driver in keeping workplace injuries, claims volume, and premiums low.
- A clear safety program leads to empowered and motivated employees.
- We help design, implement, and improve safety processes and programs with regular communication, tools and systems, training, injury reporting, etc.
2 Early reporting
Early reporting of an injury (within 24 hours) is imperative to avoid deterioration of an injured worker’s condition.
- Early reporting allows adjusters to quickly investigate the claim.
- 24/7 video nurse triage can reduce costly emergency room visits, and direct initial treatment to a preferred occupational medicine provider.2
- Many states can impose fines if prompt reporting requirements are not met. OSHA also has claims reporting requirements.
- Late reporting can increase claim costs, which impacts experience mod and can lead to higher premiums.
3 Preferred Provider relationships
It’s important to establish a relationship with a high-quality provider near each employer location.
- Providers should truly understand the nature of the employer’s business.
- We assist in connecting employers with providers, and help cultivate a strong relationship.
- Injured workers benefit from a provider that understands workers’ compensation occupational medicine.
4 Flexible return to work
A successful Return To Work program gets an injured worker back on the job as soon as they are medically able.
- Injured workers who remain at home for extended periods may become disengaged, and never return to work.
- Return To Work programs allow employers to retain experienced workers, avoiding the cost of hiring and training temporary or permanent replacements.
- Increase productivity and keep claims costs low with limited roles for recovering workers. We even work with non-profits to provide meaningful light duty work when employers can’t.
1. Discounts not available to all customers in all states. Contact us for specific requirements.
2. Video triage service available for claims managed by Salus. Unsure who manages claims for your policy? Policyholder resources.